Meir Heath Academy opened in January 2017 and was last inspected in October 2019 and was judged as being Good.
We have continued to build on the successes of the school so that we can improve further. Below is a summary of some of the key strengths from the report.
- This is a good school, in which pupils achieve well.
- Leaders want all pupils to do well and be happy.
- Year 6 pupils told us that they do not want to leave their school at the end of the year.
- Pupils, parents and staff talk about the school as the ‘Meir Heath family’.
- Pupils’ behaviour is excellent.
- Pupils support and help one another in lessons. They work hard and do well.
- Leaders have created an ambitious curriculum for all pupils. This includes pupils with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND) and disadvantaged pupils.
- Leaders plan well to support pupils’ personal development.
- Reception children settle very well in school.
- Leaders are ably supported by the trust. Together they check that teaching is effective in every year group.