Meir Heath Academy opened in January 2017 and was last inspected in October 2019 and was judged as being Good.
We have continued to build on the successes of the school so that we can improve further. Below is a summary of some of the key strengths from the report.
- This is a good school, in which pupils achieve well.
- Children make good progress in the Early Years Foundation Stage and start Year 1 with levels of attainment that are above average for their age.
- Pupils in Years 3 to 6 make good progress and their attainment is rising.
- Disabled pupils and those who have special educational needs make good progress because of the effective academic support they receive.
- Teaching provides pupils with a wide range of rich and engaging experiences. Relationships in lessons are very positive and pupils enjoy their learning.
- Pupils’ behaviour is good and they make a very positive contribution to the well ordered school and the smooth flow of lessons.
- The principal’s unrelenting drive to improve the school is shared enthusiastically by staff. Leaders’ robust checks on teaching and learning are used well to plan successful actions to overcome weaknesses. This means that the school is getting better quickly.