When designing our broad and balanced curriculum, our topic planning has been tailored to meet the needs of our children and our local environment. At Meir Heath, our teaching follows the National Curriculum. Our Meir Heath Pupil Passport of enrichment activities was designed following an audit with the intention that we aim to provide our children with brand new experiences.
During their time at Meir Heath, each child will experience:
- An outdoor experience e.g. Cannock Chase, Chatsworth House, New Brighton beech,
- Overnight residential – Standon Bowers and Condover Hall
- History themed trips – Chester Roman Dewa Experience in Chester, Hanley museum and Stafford Castle
- Theatre and Arts– Annual visit to the New Vic Theatre, Lowry Museum and The Tate in Liverpool
- A place of worship – local Christian church and Mosque
- Education for life – Vulnerable road users, Police and Fire Services